Ola s1 Pro Vs Ather 450x
In the market, electric scooters like Ather 450X and Simple are competing with OLA but still lag behind OLA in terms of performance and range.
In a way, OLA should have outperformed the Ather 450X in the market by now but it still faces challenges in this matter. Though Ola broke Ather’s monopoly after entering the market, other things have made Ola S1 Pro an exceptional product for Indian customers.
Advantages & Disadvantages of the OLA S1 pro electric Scooter
Here are some of the advantages & disadvantages of the OLA S1 pro electric Scooter.
Advantages of OLA S1 PRO scooter
- tons of features– Most of the features as compared to any other electric scooter available in India
- Higher performance– One of the best high-performance electric scooters to offer in India.
- Comfortable and user-friendly- Comfortable with more storage capacity
- Home Delivery– All scooters are being booked online and free home delivery will be given after booking. Also, a 100% refund facility is available upon the cancellation of the booking.
- Minimalist Designs and Variants– Its design and look have been kept perfect. Plus, it is comfortable for both men and women.
- Made In India– 100% Manufacturing in India will give more opportunities. It is believed that it will manufacture 10 million electric vehicles annually, which will provide more employment opportunities in the country
- 10 Color Options – Due to the availability of ola s1 pro color options, the customer has a chance to choose his choice.
- Two Variants: It has three different variants – S1, and S1 Pro.
- Eco-Friendly: This scooter is also friendly to the EV ecosystem.
Read more: July ola s1 pro Sales- Report
After all, what are the reasons due to why the OLA S1 Pro is still not able to live up to the expectations of the customers, it is not able to perform as expected.
Here we will talk about the shortcomings of Ola S1 Pro, due to which they are facing problems, and whether Ola is going to fail in the electric market in the future.
Disadvantages of Ola S1 Pro scooter
here are some major problems with OLA S1 Pro –
- High Price: Talking about the price of OLA S1 and S1 Pro, it is more than other electric scooters. Its average ex-showroom price is around Rs 1,27000/- and big cities like Delhi don’t even have subsidy facilities till then. Ola says that talks are going on with his government but till now the subsidy is not being received.
- No Service Center: The company boasts of attractive features like home service, but if your EV breaks down the midway, there is no way to repair it. In such a situation, if your EV suddenly breaks down somewhere, then you should have a little knowledge of technology.
- Charging of Electric Scooter: The OLA S1 Pro offers a range of up to 150 km on a full charge, thereby extending its battery charging time. If you do not have a 5-ampere fast charger, it takes 3 to 4 hours to charge.
- Temperature Problem / Heating Problem: Because the OLA S1 Pro was first designed for Dutch citizens, it was adapted to cold weather. Its design has taken care of the climate of the Dutch which is cold. But talking about hot climate countries like India, they do not have any special technology for this like Ather 450X has two fans for cooling but OLA S1 Pro does not have any such feature.
- Manufacturing Defects: Before launching this vehicle, OLA did a lot of promotion in the market. It was widely advertised among the people. This started increasing its demand in the market and due to this increasing demand, it started manufacturing the bike regardless of its quality. Due to this, the customers are facing problems.
- Cancellation of Delivery: There is a huge shortage of OLA S1 in the Indian market right now. In such a situation, people who had taken OLA S1 at the time of booking are now being asked to convert their booking to S1 Pro. This shows that they could not find the exact figures for the scooters at the time of launch.
- No Removable Battery: As the Ola S1 Pro uses a stable Lithium-Ion battery as of now, it cannot be removed if the battery gets damaged. This can become a big problem for the customers.
- Still Under Development: Ola S1 Pro was launched so early given the market demand that its quality was not given due attention. Due to this, it is still in a state of development and changes are still being made somewhere.
Has Ola not lived up to its promises?
Yes and no, we can say that Ola failed to impress its customers when it was not fulfilling its promises. But a lot of customers still love this vehicle, and it is also true that Ola has revolutionized the world of electric two-wheelers.
We feel Ola Electric should take some time to improve its capability in the Indian market.
Read More: Mahindra XUV 700 Crashed in Tamil Nadu– Images