On 22 August, the Union Territory of Ladakh announced its new 2022 Electric Vehicle Policy with subsidies to encourage its citizens to adopt electric vehicles and create a zero carbon future.
2022 Ladakh EV Policy- Top highlights
- Subsidy of 10% will be given to electric two-wheeler, three-wheeler, and electric four wheelers
- A subsidy of 25% will be given on the electric bus which will be used for public transportation
- Electric Vehicles will be exempt from road tax in the Union Territory
- Points of contact will be made for general awareness about Electric Vehicles in UT
- A subsidy of 25% will be given to the first 15 EV charging Stations in the Region.
- Electricity Required by commercial charging would be charged at domestic rates
2022 Ladakh EV Policy- Subsidy Amount on Vehicle
|Type of EV||Subsidy (whichever is lower)||Maximum Ex-Showroom Price to avail|
|Electric 2 Wheeler||10% of Ex-Showroom Price or Rs. 15,000||Rs 150,000|
|Electric 3 Wheeler or E-Rickshaw or E-cart||10% of Ex-Showroom Price or Rs. 30,000||Rs 300,000|
|Three Wheeler||10% of Ex-Showroom Price or Rs. 50,000||Rs 500, 000|
|Passenger Vehicle (car)||10% of Ex-Showroom Price or Rs. 2,25,000||Rs 2,50,000|
|Electric Bus||10% of Ex-Showroom Price or Rs. 50,00,000||Rs 2,00,00,000|
|LCV/maxi-cab||10% of Ex-Showroom Price or Rs. 3,00,000||Rs 30, 00,000|