India is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and is continuously promoting its manufacturing and industry sectors. Among them, a big name is also mobility and electric mobility. In the last few years, the maximum development of electric mobility has taken place in India. Many companies in India have manufactured new electric vehicles. one of them is Hyundai Motors which has launched the best electric car- Hyundai Kona Electric in India.
Hyundai Motors is a Korean company that has gained immense popularity in the world market by taking its product to the next level. After the immense success of its petrol/diesel version, the company is now entering the electric vehicle segment. In the last years, this company had launched its electric SUV in the market, which is named – Hyundai Kona Electric.
Hyundai Kona Electric Highlights- This Korean company launched its first electric SUV named Kona Electric in the Indian market on 9 June 2019. EV Enthusiast has been waiting for this electric car for a long time. It has been launched in the market in only one variant.
Read More: Mahindra Thar Electric Launch?
Kona Electric Look and Design – This electric SUV in appearance. Similar to its petrol/diesel version. Not much change has been made in its look. It gets 17-inch alloy wheels. Its body is made of plastic. Also, it also gets cladding on, the rooftop.
These are available in four different color variants – White, Silver, Blue, and Black. Also, it has dual tone color options – White and Black, for which you will have to pay an additional cost of Rs 20,000 / -.
Hyundai Kona Electric Features & Safety-
Let’s talk about the great features available in it
- 10-way Power-adjustable driver seat
- Front Varinder & heated seat
- Leader finishing steering wheel
- Wireless Phone Charger
- The 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Electric Sunroof
- Power Window
- Automatic Climate Control
- Cruise control
- Smart key & push-button start
- LED DRLs, LED tail lamps
Along with this, some facilities are also available for safety like –
- 6 airbags
- EBD with ABS
- Electronic Stability Control
- Heal assist
- Rear Camera
- Tire pressure monitoring system
Kona Electric Specifications-
Now let’s talk about its specs.
- Battery pack- 39.2 kWh lithium-ion battery
- Max. Power – 136 PS
- Max. Torque – 395 Nm
- 4 driving modes – There are four different driving modes available in this.
- Eco + (plus) mode
- Comfort mode
- Sport mode
- Acceleration Speed- According to the report given by the company, this electric SUV is only 9.7 sec. The speed of 0 to 100 km/ph catches in time.
- Charging Time- A DC fast charger is also available in this. It charges up to 0-80% in just 57 minutes with a 50kW DC fast charger. The same 7.2 kW AC home wall box charger gets a full charge in 6 hours and 10 minutes. It also has the option of a 2.3 kW small charger, which you can also put in the normal socket of the house. With this small charger, the battery gets fully charged in about 19 hours.
- Warranty- Its battery gets a warranty of 8 years / 1,60,000 km and the SUV gets a warranty of 3 years.
- Top Range- This electric SUV gets a range of 452 km/charge (ARAI-tested). This range is quite spectacular compared to the rest of the EVs available in the market.
Hyundai Kona Electric price in India
The price of this EV varies slightly depending on its color. Its price in India is between 23.84 to 24.03 Lakh. The difference of 20,000 in this is its dual tone color, for which you will have to pay extra. The price of all other colors is approx.
So this was the KONA EV, Hyundai’s first electric SUV and Highest Range Electric car on the road.
Latest Update – Hyundai Motors is preparing to launch its second electric car Hyundai IONIQ 5 in the Indian market soon. There are reports that this electric car will come to the Indian market by the end of 2022.